What Are the Amazon DSP Total Conversion Metrics and How to Use Them
Are you familiar with Amazon DSP advertising and reasons to use it for your business? The Amazon platform and marketplaces continuously expand and bring new products, sellers, and users. Therefore, it is becoming more and more difficult for brands to stand out. So, what is the solution?
The Amazon Demand-Side Platform (also known as Amazon DSP) allows you to create more brand awareness and visibility on and off Amazon. There are countless metrics that will approximate and explain every campaign released right through the Amazon DSP platform, but the ones that stand out are the Amazon DSP Total Conversion Metrics.
Total conversion metrics are important because they represent the full value delivered by your brand’s advertising. These Total metrics represent sales of the advertised ASIN but also all sales generated within the brand.
Amazon DSP Total Conversion Metrics
We’ll explain and present all important Amazon DSP Total Conversion metrics below.
- Total ATC - The number of times an ASIN is added to a customer's cart. It shows how many times a person has viewed or clicked your Amazon DSP ad and then added the advertised ASIN or any other ASIN product detail page in your brand’s catalog to their cart on Amazon (Total ATC = ATC + ATC BH).
- Total ATC Rate - The number of Total Add to Cart conversions relative to the number of ad impressions, expressed as a percentage (Total ATC = Total ATC / Impressions).
- Total ATL (Total Add to Lists) - Number of times shoppers added a brand’s products to a wish list, gift list, or registry, attributed to an ad view or click.
- Total eCPATC - The average cost to acquire a Total Add to Cart conversion. This includes the cost to acquire a Total Add to Cart conversion for promoted products and products from the same brands as the products tracked in the order (Total eCPATC = Total cost / Total ATC).
- Total eCPP - The average cost to acquire a Total purchase conversion. This includes the cost to acquire a Total purchase for promoted products and products from the same brands as the products tracked in the order (Total eCPP = Total cost / Total purchases).
- Total DPV - The number of ad-attributed detail page views on Amazon. This includes views for promoted products as well as products from the same brands as the products tracked in the order (Total DPV = DPV + DPV BH).
- Total eRPM - The average revenue generated per thousand impressions. This includes revenue for promoted products tracked in orders and products from the same brands as the products tracked in orders (Total eRPM = Total sales / (Impressions / 1000)).
- Total Purchases - The number of times any number of products are included in a single purchase event. Purchase events include Subscribe & Save subscriptions and video rentals. This counts purchases for promoted products as well as products from the same brands as the products tracked in the order (Total purchases = Purchases + Purchases BH).
- Total units sold - Units of a brand’s products purchased, attributed to an ad view, or click. A single purchase event can include multiple sold units.
- Total ROAS - Ad-attributed product sales per local currency unit of ad spend. Includes both sales of promoted products tracked in orders and products from the same brands as the products tracked (Total ROAS = Total Sales / Total cost).
- Total Sales - The total sales (in local currency) of promoted ASINs and ASINs from the same brands as promoted ASINs purchased by customers on Amazon after delivering an ad.
Amazon DSP Total New-To-Brand Conversion Metrics
- Total NTB Purchases - The number of first-time purchases for promoted or brand halo products within the brand over a one-year lookback window.
- Total NTB ROAS - Ad-attributed new-to-brand purchases per local currency unit of ad spend (Total new-to-brand ROAS = Total new-to-brand sales / Total cost). This includes purchases for both promoted and brand halo products.
- Total NTB Units Sold - The quantity of promoted and brand halo products purchased for the first time within the brand over a one-year lookback period after delivering an ad. A campaign can have multiple units sold in a single purchase event.
- Total NTB Purchase Rate - The number of new-to-brand purchases for both promoted and brand halo products relative to the number of ad impressions (Total new-to-brand purchase rate = Total new-to-brand purchases / Impressions).
- Total NTB Sales - The total sales (in local currency) of promoted and brand halo products purchased for the first time over a one-year lookback window by customers on Amazon.
- Total NTB eCPP - The average cost to acquire a new-to-brand purchase for both promoted and brand halo products (Total new-to-brand eCPP = Total cost / Total new-to-brand purchases).
- Total Percent of Purchases NTB - The percent of purchases that were first-time purchases for promoted and brand halo products within the brand over a one-year lookback window.
Using Amazon DSP Total Conversion Metrics
Amazon DSP metrics show performances of advertised ASINs but can also show a summary of the brand's sales. Each display campaign brings awareness and consideration of the overall brand and store, not just the advertised product. And because of that, you should follow which products are selling more during the campaign period compared to the period before.
The campaign performance could be hidden behind the Total sales. Therefore, if ROAS is lower, that doesn’t mean that Total ROAS is low too. If we record only assisted sales, we can determine if another of our products has greater potential and opportunity for better sales.
We can expect even better results if we advertise what users are more interested in. These signals could tell you more about your audience targeting, customers’ needs, and intent. By tracking Amazon DSP Total metrics, it’s possible to optimize campaigns and test different solutions to achieve better targeting and increase sales.
Amazon DSP allows you to reach a bigger audience on Amazon, and off the platform. There is a wide range of strategies when launching DSP advertising. The Amazon DSP Total Conversion metrics we mentioned above can significantly help you understand and comprehend the performance that line items can deliver.
If you are ready to start with Amazon DSP or improve your Amazon advertising strategy, be sure to check our Amazon DSP service!
About the author
Tamara Jonev is a PPC Specialist at Sellers Alley on the fresh start of her career in Amazon PPC. Ever since she joined the company, she has shown excellent collaboration and communication skills and a desire to expand her knowledge.
How to Choose Your Targeting Audience on TikTok
Advertising on TikTok is an excellent way to get closer to your audience and present your brand in creative and innovative ways. Due ...
How to Define Audience in Google Ads for Your Business
Before we explain how you can define your audience in Google Ads, it’s important to know where you can find it. You can find your aud...
The Ultimate Guide to Bidding Strategies on TikTok
If you are not advertising on TikTok, now is the time to start. TikTok is continuously improving by bringing new updates to its Busines...
How to Use ASIN Defense Campaigns on Amazon
If you are advertising on Amazon, you know significant competition exists in every product niche. Therefore, you need a solid strategy ...
How to Sell on TikTok (Beginner's Guide)
TikTok, the app everyone is talking about right now, has enabled creators and businesses to interact with their audience, thanks to its...